Friday, May 26, 2006

Still no transmission

I ordered a new four speed automatic transmission (200-R4) for my Cutlass six weeks ago. With the old Turbo-350 three speed, I'm only getting just above 10 mpg on the highway. I'm hoping to move it up to the 15-20 mpg range with the new tranny.


When ordering Megamax- the transmission company- said that it should ship out in three weeks or less. Well they still haven't even started on the bloody thing yet! I was planning on installing it next weekend, but that plan now looks shot.

Hind-sight being 20/20, I'm wishing that I'd spent the extra $200 and gone with their competitor. I don't want to raise too much hell with Megamax because they still have to build the bloody thing and ship it to me. If I bitch too much, they might rush it and ship me a shoddy unit and I'm doing the same damn thing next year. Which I don't want to do. I 'spose I'll just have to be patient.

3 comments:

Asaraludu said...

Sorry to hear about it. Is the Gutless out of commission currently?

Anonymous said...

Did you ever receive the transmission? I've been waiting since May for a tranny from Megamax, and it's now the end of August

Scotty said...

Sorry for the late reply, as I had comment modereration on and didn't know it!

If you've been following along with the blog, you know that I did eventually get the tranny.