Thursday, May 31, 2007

Döner Kebab!

Scotty having a döner kebab and pilsner at Mt Ararat in Dreseden circa 2003. A little slice of paradise.

As some of you may have heard me go on about at one time or another, a döner kebab is one of my three or four favorite foods. But I only get döners when I visit Germany. I did have one in NYC once, but it was a poor imitation using a flour tortilla, instead of a pita.

Until Wednesday. A QA at work told me about a little shop that opened in Dundee that sells döners! So I skipped my packed lunch and hopped in the car at lunch to go check it out. And they do sell them Amsterdam style, not German style, which is too bad. But still the taste was 9/10ths right. The only thing that pisses me off is that they opened this shop in my old neighborhood four months after I moved.

No comments: