Thursday, March 13, 2008

34

Another birthday has nearly come and gone. And I'm happy. When I was a youngster I thought that the only things I wanted in life would be a good wife and a nice car. And I have that. Anke is a good woman and wife. Things aren't always all peaches and cream with us, but right now they are pretty good. I'm a believer that happiness is a choice. Of course there can be barriers to this, like financial difficulties or finding out you spouse isn't who you thought you married as has happened to a couple of friends of mine. Luckily I'm not really burdened by those things. And it is luck. I could have easily ended up with a different career that paid less well. There are girls that I might have married that would have resulted in much rockier relationships. Anke and I aren't rich, but we earn enough that money isn't an issue. A lot of that is that we do live rather more frugally than we have to. Anke and I have also evolved as we've been married. Together in some ways, apart in others. But we both want it to work out, so we try to make it work through difficult parts.

At work today I think I've found a solution to an issue that has been plaguing me. I haven't coded, let alone tested it yet so it can all still go sideways on me. But I think it'll work and that makes me feel good about myself and getting that damn project done.

I don't feel like I thought a someone in their mid 30's should feel like. I feel as spry as I ever have, aside from the occasional back and knee pain. I feel young still. And that's good.

No comments: