Tuesday, July 08, 2008

AMG Mercedes-Benz

I tried to buy this Mercedes yesterday. It's a 1995 C36 AMG, with 110,000 miles. I've been eyeing these cars for months now, and this one came up on Ebay with no reserve. I was all ready to fly down to Florida ($180 via Southwest) to pick it up and drive home. I tried to swipe it for the low amount of $5000, but it sold for $5100. It's annoying because you might think that for only 1 or 2 hundred more, I could have had it. But you never know how high the other person is willing to go. And you really shouldn't play that game on Ebay. One needs to decide what you are willing to pay, and go no further. And that's what I did, but damn I really wanted that car!

Well I probally won't find one going for this cheep again anytime soon, so I'll have to continue on with the plan to wait two more years for Corwin to get to daycare. By then I'll have more money to spend and can maybe get a C43 with lower miles, which is mostly the same car as the C36 but with a V8 instead of an I6.

No comments: