Sunday, November 09, 2008

A Couple of Unimportant Things

I took the Cutlass to a storage facility in Fremont two weeks ago. It's about 40 miles from Omaha. It's less than half the price of any place that I could find in Omaha, though. So we're essentially back down to a two car family. The reason to store the Cutlass was so that the Benz could be in the garage during for winter. I didn't plan on doing that when I first bought the Benz, but become so smitten with the car that I really didn't' want it to expose it to the elements full time. I've given thoughts of selling the Cutlass. The Mercedes is faster, handles better, more comfortable, more economical and safer. Plus it has a back seat that is usable for the boys. The only thing that the Cutlass has over the Mercedes is swankiness. Which isn't to be sneezed at. The Mercedes does have a cool factor to it, but it isn't the same. The layman can't tell a lot of difference between an AMG Mercedes vs. an average Mercedes. But with the Cutlass you have kids giving you the thumbs up when you pass them on the interstate. And really, who doesn't want to look cool to seven year old boys? In the end, I'll probably keep. I just need a bigger garage.

Brainwashing a 3 year old is really easy. Without much effort I've convinced Corwin that the Broncos are the only good football team on the planet. Last week the Broncos were on the TV, and I told Corwin that they were on. He got so excited and came to sit down and watch the game with me. For about 10 minutes, then he had to run circles around the couch. Now every time a football game is on TV, college or pro, he'll watch the TV to determine if either team has blue helmets with a horse on the side. If not, he'll ask who is playing. I'll say, "Oh, that's the Chiefs and Chargers." He'll say something like, "They're not the Broncos. They're bad." I'm a proud father.

No comments: